L'Ilet Guest House
In a rural setting surrounded by mountains, come and meet these "locals" who will warmly welcome you. You can go hiking from and to the gite on various trails: "le Reposoir", the "col du Taïbit", the "sentier du Bras de Saint Paul", the trail that takes you to Cilaos, "la Chapelle", etc... A small grocery store is just opposite the guest house.
Adults and children will also enjoy a nice swimming pool (heated in winter) and a small sports ground
Your hosts offer you :
* 3 spacious double bedrooms
(ground floor and first floor)
including 1 accessible to disabled people.
* 4 triple rooms (upstairs)
* 4 family rooms (4 to 6 people)
All rooms have private bathrooms.
Spacious terrace (front of the house) with mountain views.
Lounge, TV, library ...
At your disposal: microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator ...
Parking spaces and fenced garden
In the kitchen, over a wood fire, Solange and Nicoals will cook their home-bred poultry or the smoked meat ( "boucané") that they made ...
* Vegetable fritters with homemade punch or "rhum arrangé"
* Chayote quiche
* Duck carri and Jackfruit "Boucané" (smoked pork) with rice, Cilaos lentils and "rougail" (sort of chutney)
* Taro root cake
* Home prepared "Straw rum"
"Boucané brède chouchou"
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1kg smoked pork
- 2 packets of chayote stems
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 onion
- Boil the smoked pork, then rinse it.
- Sort the stems.
- Cut the smoked pork into small pieces.
- Fry the pork with a little oil, add the onion, the garlic and the crushed ginger.
- Add the stems with a small cup of water.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes without covering. Serve with rice.
"Bon l'apéti zot tout' !"