Surrounded by a fragrant Creole garden and offering a panoramic view of the mountains, the gite has a total capacity of 9 beths (+ 2 in a convertible couch) and consists of:
* 3 double bedrooms * 1 triple room (double bed with single bunk bed)
* 2 bathrooms
* 1 relaxing lounge with a reading corner and a fireplace
* 1 dining room for breakfast and meals at the table d'hote
* A veranda
* A fenced yard
* Linen provided (sheets, blankets, pillows, towels)
* Cot and high chair on request
* Washing machine
* Ironing facilities
* WiFi access
* TV with free channels
The table d’hote
Based on local products, your meal will consist of an appetizer, a main course and a dessert for 20 € / person and will be served from 7 pm.
Meals are for our guests only, who must book in advance.
Possibility to order lunch baskets for lunch (sandwiches, water, fruits ...).
Sale of homemade jams and peppers.
The village of Hell-Bourg, classified among the most beautiful villages in France, is accessible on foot, with its lovely souvenir shops, typical restaurants and La Maison Folio, a traditional Creole house, the visit of which is guided.
The guest house is a starting point for many hikes:
• The ancient spa, at the other end of the village Low difficulty, ½ hr round trip
• The Three Waterfalls Medium difficulty, 1 ½ hrs
• Forêt de Bélouve, just follow the red and white marking of GR1 from the village. Medium difficulty, 3hrs • Grand Sable, one of the most remote places of the cirque. Medium difficulty, 4hrs (loop)
• The Manouilh Spring, named after the poacher who discovered it, offers magnificent views of the cirque. Low difficulty, 4hrs (loop)
• The Piton d’Anchaing, visible from the guest house, is also within walking distance! Once the refuge of two “maroon” slaves, today it is a beautiful and impressive hike. High difficulty, 4:30-5 hours from the gite
• The Piton des Neiges, the highest point of Reunion Island (10,000 ft), is the challenge for hikers in Reunion. High difficulty, 4:30 hrs to the gite Dufour, then 1:30 hr to the top