Comfortable and stable at the same time, the recumbent bike is above all a convivial and fun practice, even if you will also appreciate its sports dimension.
The recumbent bike is carried by three wheels, which guarantee stability and conviviality: without the handlebars in front of your eyes, you will pleasantly enjoy the stunning landscapes of Reunion Island which you can easily cross during organized outings in the mountains, in the plains or on the sea shore !
Some portions of our outings are bicycle paths on which you can ride safely at full speed without any feeling of fatigue, exhilarating!
For a morning or a day, give your body and your mind a treat with this eco-touristic activity, propelled by your own energy!
Atmosphère Péi also offers enlightened amateurs a recumbent bike with two wheels.
NB: no cancellation in case of bad weather, unless notice of heavy rain (by Météo France), in which case Atmosphère Péi will notify you the day before.
Conditions of access
• Height between 1m10 and 1m90 (between 3.6 ft and 6.2 ft)
• Maximum weight: 110 kg (240 lb max, specify size and weight when booking)
• Be between 6 and 80 years old
• For toddlers, a trailer can be coupled to the back of a parent's bike
• No medical contraindications, may be suitable for some people with physical disabilities
• No need to know how to ride a bike!
The advantages of a recumbent bike
• Faster than a bicycle (but less than a car), fewer accidents than road cycling
• Relaxed semi-reclining posture, which relieves your back and knees, and much more comfortable than a traditional bike (no saddle that hurts the buttocks!)
• Very stable thanks to its 3 wheels, very handy, allows to ride slopes up and down very easily.
Our experienced guides will take you on the trails of Reunion's forests, mountain biking trails, coastal paths in the West (beaches) or trails along the North or East coasts, Etang-Salé, cycling paths at La Plaine des Cafres ...
Different levels of practice are proposed: discovery (for everyone), sensations (for the more athletic ones), adventure (for amateurs) and even night outings at La Plaine des Sables (volcano area) ...
Outings with family, friends or colleagues (works councils with possibility of treasure hunt, team building) ...
We provide :
• Recumbent bike
• Local tea time break with fresh and local products
You must provide:
• Sportswear without a zipper or a button on the back
• Bumbag (no rucksack) for your keys, cell phone, small bottle of water
• Sneakers, windcheater, sunglasses
• Sunscreen and mosquito repellent