Since 1997, Dominick Cerveaux, alias Dodo, has been a professional guide and a qualified « guide PEI » (“du Patrimoine et de l’Environnement de l’Île » : Heritage and Environment of the Island) of Reunion Island. This enthusiast will happily tell you about his island and will make you discover its heritage from different angles; historical, cultural and natural. Dodo likes to share his fascination for the botanical and natural characteristics of his island, his religious diversity and his sweetness of life and will take pleasure in taking you on the tours he has imagined for you in Saint Denis, the capital city, on the west coast and in the cirque of Salazie.
"Tailor-made" activities for groups are also offered to works councils, companies (incentives, challenges, team building), associations and schools (during and out of school holidays) in the form of treasure hunts, touring rallies, cultural activities, treasure maps, musical entertainment, creole dances, educational workshops ... which can be done on foot, by car or by coach.
Guid a Nou’s tours
Urban tour, in the capital Saint Denis, city of art and history:
* Rue de Paris: discover the beautiful Creole villas of the old Rue Royale.
* Avenue de la Victoire: visit St Denis and its great monuments.
* Old Town Hall of St Denis: historical monument dating from 1846, with its patio, fountain and formal reception hall.
* The gardens of the Rue de Paris: the beautiful Creole villas of St Denis open the gates of their gardens for a visit with a botanical enthusiast.
Religious tour in St Denis (unique in France!):
* St Sauveur Cathedral
* Noor Al Islam Mosque (with the intervention of the great Imam of the mosque of Saint Denis on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays)
* Chinese temples
* Hindu Temple
Village Creole tour in the Cirque of Salazie:
* Mare à Poule d’Eau (Gallinule Pond): Tropical fauna and flora
* La Case Tonton: testimony about yesteryear’s Creole life style, tasting of seasonal fruits
* Creole House Tour: classified village of Hell-bourg and its ancient thermal baths
Maritime Tour in St Paul's Bay:
* The Seaside Cemetary: legend of famous pirate La Buse, poems by Leconte de Lisle and other unusual stories
* Bay of the Best Anchorage: discover the origins of Reunion, the seafront and the market of St Paul
Dodo’s Special tour, at the heart of the World Heritage (Salazie & Cilaos):
* Traditional Creole picnic (Reunionese cuisine on wood fire) with musical entertainment after a cultural, historical and botanical walk with your professional guide.
* The topics covered: volcanology (formation of the island), geology, hydrology (formation of waterfalls), history of Reunion Island, coffee period, sugar cane, history of maroon slaves, Creole expressions, Botany, herbal teas, reading of landscapes.
* Tastings of homemade honeys: letchi, pink berries, forest... all labeled "National Park Spirit".
Because children are curious about everything, by nature, why not let them discover Reunion 's heritage (architecture, botany, history, environment ...) through exciting treasure hunts or maps, interesting educational workshops, amusing musical animations and / or Creole dances?
During the school holidays of Reunion Island, let the younger generation discover its heritage thanks to many recreational activities!