Les Thermes de Cilaos
The Irénée Accot health care facility, located in Cilaos, the renowned tourist resort known to be a haven of peace, is located on the mouths of natural thermal springs the waters of which have therapeutic properties and are highly coveted.
The health resort Irénée Accot takes advantage of the benefits of Reunion Island’s deep waters for care and services for fitness, relaxation, and spa treatments (by drinking and / or outpatient care) .
Several diseases (prevention and treatment) are treated thanks to the composition of Cilaos’s thermal waters:
• rheumatology and musculoskeletal trauma sequelae
• diseases of the digestive system and metabolic diseases
Walkers and hikers will also be delighted to enjoy the "fitness" part of the Spa resort after a walk into the surrounding hiking trails. For non-walkers, this is a perfect idea for a "welfare gift"!
History of spas in Réunion
To learn more about the history of spas:
The Irénée Accot spa center offers several fitness formulas and types of spa treatments.
• hydro massage bath or whirlpool bath: This bath features bubbles and an underwater massage shower.
• Jet shower: Care with thermal water under pressure jet provided by a hydro-therapist.
• General Shower: 15 successive showers with thermal water. Duration = 10 minutes.
• Rotary Shower: Rain of thermal water over the entire body. Duration = 10 minutes.
• Double hydro massage bath with chromotherapy: This is a bath with bubbles and underwater jet massage.
Please note :
• The Bertholaix (steam bath) services and manual relaxation are offered only as a supplement to another care.
• For your comfort, our resort provides bathrobes and towels.
• Only children concerned by a care may enter the facility. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
The Irénée Accot Spa resort is supplied by two natural thermal springs the compositional characteristics of which serve several forms of treatments.
The Irénée thermal source (31 ° C / 89°F) is used for drinking cures in case of treatment of metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases such as certain forms of colitis, or irritable bowel syndrome, but also in the context of diabetic or pre-diabetic education and for treatments against liver or gallbladder disorders.
The benefits of the Véronique thermal spring (37 ° C / 99°F) are used for the treatment of musculoskeletal sequelae or other rheumatic disorders (arthritis, neuralgia, fracture sequelae, etc ...).
The Thermes de Cilaos are open all year round (except for the annual technical closure for 15 days in June)
. However, treatments are available for medical purposes from January to May and from July to December.
Opening hours Note:
On weekdays, mornings are reserved for treatments.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9am to 12.30pm and from 1:30pm to 5pm
Friday: from 9am to 1pm
Saturday and Sunday: all day