Anxious to welcome their guests in clean rooms, Guy and Hélène can accommodate up to 10 guests in:
• 2 triple rooms (1 double bed, 1 single bed)
• 2 double bedrooms (1 double bed)
On arrival, beds will be made and towels will be provided.
Each room has a small bathroom suite with a shower, a basin and separate toilet.
After a walk in the hamlet, it’s time to get a good night's sleep, to wake up in the morning in the majestic setting of the lentil fields surrounded by mountains…
The table d’hote
Around the large wooden table, it feels like family; a small number of guests can easily speak to each other but also with Guy and Hélène, always ready to serve hand and foot.
The meal, made with home poultry or local charcuterie, is cooked over a wood fire by Hélène.
Vegetarians can also find a carri to their taste by making a prior request to Hélène who will be happy to simmer special dishes with vegetables from the garden.
• Hot drinks
• Bread, butter
• homemade jams according to season (loquats, bananas, tomatoes, grapes, papaya, peach ...)
• Punch, taro root or chayote fritters ...
• Chayote quiche
• 2 dishes: duck carri, sautéed chards with sausages ...
• Rice, beans, rougail
• Dessert: homemade cake (sweet potato, banana, caramelized papaya...), flan
• Rum, herb rum
12 km from the village of Cilaos, Ilet à Cordes also offers hiking trails:
• the Reposoir
• the Taïbit
• Arm of Saint Paul Trail
• the trail to Cilaos
• the Chapel ...