In Dos d'Âne, a rural neighborhood of the town of La Possession, at an altitude of 1000 m on the north-west coast of Reunion, you will find the Bienvenue dans les Hauts lodge.
Hikers are familiar with this 2nd stopover on the famous GRR2 trail, which passes less than 100 yards from the lodge (towards "Deux Bras", gateway to the cirque of Mafate).
Sonia and Claude have made their big house a warm place with impeccable services that will allow you to spend a relaxing stay.
With a total capacity of 14 pax, the lodge offers accommodation in:
• 3 double bedrooms (queen-size beds) with en suite shower room and storage space, with sea or mountain views
• 1 twin bedroom (2 single beds) with access to shared shower room, terrace view
• 1 dormitory of 6 beds (4 bunk beds and 2 single beds) with access to the shared bathroom
The bedding is comfortable, and bed linen, towels, soap and shampoo are provided.
An equipped kitchen is at the disposal of the customers with tea, coffee or infusion.
The 2 large terraces offer panoramic views over the Indian Ocean and are an ideal place to relax facing nature.
The table d’hotes:
Sonia offers tasty family cooking that will give you energy and opportunities to chat with other travelers and your hosts who will be happy to share tips and stories about Reunion Island.
On the evening menu:
• Aperitif, Creole snacks
• Carry, rice, beans, rougail
• Rhum arrangé
• Fruit juice
• Hot drink (tea, coffee, chocolate)
• Bread, butter, jam
If you wish and on request, your guests can provide sandwiches for your hike.
Please note: pets are not accepted.
To access the gite:
• Coming from Mafate, take the "Deux Bras" trail exit. At the end of the path, turn right. The cottage is 100 m away at number 7.
• From La Roche Ecrite, take the "Cap Noir" or "Grand Coin" exit and go down Ferdinand Louise street (street of the church) following the GRR2 trail.
• By bus: Line 8A at Le Port interchange, stop at the "Eglise" bus stop. After the bus stop, take the street on the right.
• By car: take the direction of "Rivière des Galets" and take the Departmental Road 1 towards "Dos d'Ane".