The Gite Les Acacias has a capacity of 11 berths, which makes it a relaxing and intimate place, appreciated by hikers:
• 1 dormitory with 4 beds
• 1 dormitory with 3 beds
• 2 double rooms
• A lounge
• A veranda
• Common sanitary facilities consist of 2 large walk-in showers, 2 separate toilets, 3 washbasins.
Comfortable beds, sheets, blankets, pillows, and even towels are provided, as well as a foldable cot for very young visitors.
The cuisine is traditionally made over a wood fire with local products for an unparalleled flavor, but is served on the plate, with detailed commentary, which gives a modestly "gourmet" air to the meal.
* starter: lettuce
* carri served on the plate: smoked duck stew, rice, beans, rougail
* dessert: taro root cake (depending on season) or rum raisin muffin
* Homemade rum
* wine at extra cost
• Hot drinks (coffee, tea, chocolate)
• Fresh bread
Not far from the center of the village, the cottage is close to grocery stores (supplies for picnics) and bistro, a relaxing stop for drinks (2 minutes).
Access to Gîte Les Acacias
• 2 hours by Col des Bœufs or Col de Fourche (coming from Salazie)
• 3h30 by Col du Taïbit and Marla (coming from Cilaos)