At the Gîte Les Lataniers, there’s a countryside atmophere; the fruit trees which surround the lodge give lychees, papayas, longanis, combavas ... and the vegetables from the kitchen garden and "volaye la kour" (homegrown poultry) often enrich the meals at the table d'hôtes.
How to get there
• Via the Canalisation des Orangers (departure from Sans Souci, 5 hours)
• By the Rivière des Galets (2h30 if pre-routed by "taxi" in the river to Deux Bras)
• Via the Maïdo (descent of approximately 2h40)
• 5 dormitories with 6 bunk beds each
• 1 dormitory with 8 bunk beds
• 1 double bedroom
• 2 showers
• 2 toilets
• 2 outdoor sinks
A large terrace with tables and chairs will allow you to relax outside.
For hikers who transport their tent, they can pitch it next to the gîte and use the sanitary facilities (€ 5 / person) or reserve dinner at the table d'hôtes.
The table d'hôtes
Around a large table in a large dining room, you can taste, for example:
• Aperitif with punch or "house" rum or juice, soda
• Home-bred chicken carry and another carry Rice, beans, rougail
• Hot drinks (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk)
• Bread or crispbread, butter, jam
You can order sandwiches for lunch.