Choosing your accommodation during your stay in Reunion Island is not always easy.
Indeed, supply is relatively large, and you can find many different types of structures throughout the island : there are many hotels, villas, apartments or cottages in Reunion island, each with its own characteristics.
Please note : you may get confused by the term “location” in French, which you’ll often find in our ads.
It is indeed a “false-cognate” which actually means “rental” or “renting” in French.
To help you choose a holiday rental, AllonsLaReunion.com suggests you refine your choice of accommodation using three criteria:
Each region of Reunion Island is unique. Depending on your interests, you may select the area where you want to stay. It is advised to refer to a guidebook on Reunion Island to select the location and duration of your rentals.
- Guest houses, gites and Bed and Breakfast : accommodation in bedrooms (often in owners' home) or dormitories, with or without private bathroom. These units are sometimes self-catering. Generally cheap. Rent a room in a guest house, gite or B&B is ideal to make contact with the Reunionese people.
- Furnished flats or apartments: self-catering, independent and comfortable, ideal for families.
- Bungalows, cottages and chalets: these accommodations are in the form of a small house, totally independent.
- Hotels : the solution for more comfortable, even luxury stays, from one to four stars.
- Villas : fully equipped homes, often upscale. Furnished villas in Reunion island often offer a swimming pool.
A ranking by price allows you to select accommodations for every budget !
- Some accommodations in Reunion island are rented at least for the weekend (2 nights) or week.
- Some rentals, such as villas, can only be rented entirely. In that case, our search for accommodation in Reunion island will give you a price per day for the entire house, regardless of the number of persons.