Since 1987, Maxime Oreo’s family welcomes Oreo hikers and walkers who come to La Nouvelle, the largest hamlet of Mafate. Today, his daughter, Jessica, welcomes visitors into their dormitories or double bedroom.
The gite is as follows:
• 1 double bedroom
• 1 dormitory with 8 bunk beds
• 1 dormitory with 4 bunk beds
• Shared bathroom: 4 washbasins, 2 showers with hot water, 2 toilets
Upon arrival, the beds will be made, but do not forget to bring your towels and soap!
Dinner is served in the dining room, next to the fireplace.
• Local vegetables
• Chicken carri or sausage rougail
• Rice, beans, rougail
• Orange or lemon cake "from the garden"
• Wine at extra charge
Hot drinks, orange juice, bread, butter, jams
How to get to Gite Oreo:
• Through the Col des Bœufs or the Col de Fourche (coming from Salazie) : 2 hours
• Through the Col du Taïbit (coming from Cilaos)
In la Nouvelle you will find:
• A grocery store
• A bakery (make sure to order your bread and sandwiches the night before!)
• A snack bar
97433 PAR SALAZIE