In Grand Place les Hauts, come and discover Anita and Florent Bilin’s authentic and warm welcome in their Gîte Piton Calumets!
And enjoy the exceptional view of the Piton Cabri, Piton Calumets, Piton Carré, the islet of Aurère, Cimendef, Maïdo, Le Grand Bénare ...!
In total, they can welcome 10 hikers in their cottage opened in 2018. Two dormitories (6 beds and 4 beds), 2 showers, 2 toilets inside, 1 WC outside and a terrace are at their disposal.
But if you prefer to spend the night in tents, your hosts put at your disposal tents which are already equipped.
Sheets, blankets and pillows are provided, all you have to do is bring your towels.
What about lunch?
10 minutes away from the gite, there’s a shop in which you can find all you need for a picnic and even ready-made sandwiches![Afficher plus...]
The table d'hote
Anita and Florent will receive you in the evening, upon reservation.
You can enjoy a Ti'Jacques boucané (bacon), Baba figue (banana flower) boucané, a chicken carri ...
You can also try their specialty rum with seasonal fruit: blackberries, bananas, jambuls ...
In the morning, nothing like a hearty breakfast to start a day's hike: hot drinks, juice, bread (depending on arrival), homemade jams made by Anita: strawberry guava, banana / guava, jambul, passion fruit ...
• Homemade rum
• Starter: cabbage salad or lettuce
• Choice of 2 courses: chicken carri & sausage or bacon rougail with papaya or chayote Rice, beans, rougail
• Dessert: local cake (cassava, (sweet) potato, banana, chayote ...)
How to get there?
• By the Scout Trail (5h-6h)
• By the Rivière des Galets (2h30-3h from Deux Bras, with pre-routing possible in a 4WD)
• By the Canalisation des Orangers (6h-7h from Sans Souci)
• By the Maïdo (about 6h)
Anita et Florent BILIN
Gite Piton Calumets
Grand Place les Hauts
97419 LA POSSESSION