Gilles, a Reunion enthusiast since 1983, hikes along the trails and the most inaccessible places on the island where he settled permanently in 1995. With his state diploma in tropical mountaineering, he feels the urge to share his experience and enthusiasm for this little corner of paradise unique for its diversity with its "Pitons, cirques and remparts."
With Agil Rando Reunion, Gilles offers a range of hikes and treks that can take one or several days. Depending on your wishes and your level, he can offer personalized tours in addition to his program of hikes.
Informations and next hikes on https://www.lesrandosdegilles.com
Consult the Facebook with photos and videos
Agil Rando Réunion !
The "classic hikes"
One day trip :
• Mafate "Cayenne" (average level) : North Mafate with a 4WD approach then walk up to two hamlets (Cayenne, Grand Place) with a swim in the river
• The Piton de la Fournaise volcano (average level) : off-trail approach, with unique views of the two main craters
• Bélouve Forest (easy), and depending of the weather, the waterfalls of Le Trou de Fer
• Cilaos and the waterfalls (easy) : at Bras Rouge
Two days trip :
• The Piton des Neiges from Cilaos (average level - difficult) : climbing to the highest peak of the Indian Ocean (10,000 ft)
Half day trip:
• Dos d'Ane Cap Noir - Roche Verre Bouteille (easy)
One day trip:
• The volcano and La Plaine des Sables (easy) : hiking, often off-trail, in the middle of the lunar landscape of Plaine des Sables
• Belouve from Salazie (average level)
• Salazie: Piton of Anchaing (difficult)
• Cilaos and its waterfalls: la Chapelle (average level)
• Les Makes (easy to average level)
Two days trip
• Mafate : many trips are proposed
For Trail lovers
From March to September, Gilles offers Trail trainings once a month, especially for those wishing to participate in the Grand Raid (and finish it!). On request, he can develop a specific training over several days.
Gilles adapts to your needs and can develop treks over several days.
N.B.: Hiking possible according to the weather[Afficher moins...]
Rates on my website https://www.lesrandosdegilles.com
To have an idea :
- From 30€ per adult for half-day hike, to 50€ for one day hike (65€ for Mafate Cayenne due to the 4WD transfers). Child 6 to 16 y.o. : from 15 € to 50€
Over two days or more:
- Please contact me! Rates depend on the number of hikers and on the hikes. Half-board is between 40€ and 60€ according to the stopover gites.
* Tapering rates for established groups. Please contact me for the transfers
49, rue de l’aéropostale
97411 BOIS DE NEFLES ST PAUL